lunes, 23 de marzo de 2020


Hello again!


What´s the date today?
Today is Monday, 23rd March 2020


Please, stay calm...every thing is going to be all right. I know most of you have rainbows on your windows. This is one of my favourites:
       



I took this picture in Niagara Falls. Beautiful, isn´t it?

How was the reading for you?

Great I guess.

Let´s check the answers then!



4TH GRADERS´ TASK ANSWERS:

1 - B
2 - C
3 - A
4 - C
5 - C

5TH GRADERS´ TASK ANSWERS:


1 - B
2 - C
3 - A
4 - C

6TH GRADERS´ TASK ANSWERS:


1 - A
2 - D
3 - C
4 - A
5 - D
6 - C

Congratulations for doing great!!!

If your score was a bit low, try harder next time.
          
Now, a beautiful song to cheer you up.
I love it, I hope you do too.  
             


Well, for the next days, I want you to do the following activities for each level. You will have the answers on Thursday,  26th March.

4TH GRADERS


Choose the appropriate options to complete the sentences.

1. ---- is a place where you buy medicine.

a bookstore
a restaurant
a dance club
a drugstore

2. ---- is an insect which makes honey.

a bee
a spider
a crocodile
a fly

3. ---- are something which are used for cutting paper.

litter
scissors
stocks
sharpener

4. ---- is a place where you borrow books.

a laundromat
a theatre
a library
a gym

5. Which word means nearly the same as "scream"?

find
stop
sell
shout

6. Which word means nearly the same as "happy"?

conditions
disgusted
content
ambitious

7. A soldier is a man who ----.

catches thieves
paints pictures
helps the police
fights in a war

8. Which is countable?

fox
bread
wood
flour

9. Which verb's past and present forms are the same?

play
cry
cut
write

10. Your aunt is your ----.

father's brother
father's grandson
father's sister
mother's brother

11. Which is a desert?

Atlantic
Sahara
Everest
Black Sea

12. We don't use "THE" before ----.

classroom objects
names of cities
uncountable nouns
animals

13. What is rubbish?

something which students eat
something which is made of wood
something which pollutes
something which people like to play with

14. Which is not a noun?

near
pear
ear
hair

15. --- we go on holiday? Yes! That's a great Idea.

Will
Have
Shall
Do


Do you remember classroom language?


The words in the sentences have been scrambled. On the lines provided next to each sentence, rewrite the words of the sentence in the correct order.

 1. up stand ____________________________ 
2. may in I come? _______________________ 
3. go to the board may I ? __________________
4. in you say "..." English how do?___________
5. borow your pencil may I, please?__________
6. book your open ________________________
7. toilet the to may go I, please?_____________
8. your write name _______________________
9. sit properly down ______________________
10. attention pay ________________________
11. the board clean, please ________________
12. the text read, please __________________
13. remember I can´t ____________________
14. please, aside move ___________________
15. pairs in work ________________________
16. your book close ______________________


5TH GRADERS


Choose the appropriate options to complete the sentences.


1. ---- your car? It's in the garage.

Which is
Who's
When's
Where's

2. ---- bag is this? It's mine.

Whose
What's
Who's
Who

3. ---- only three chairs in my room.

They are
There are
There is
It is

4. She ---- a house in the town center.

got
have got
has got
is got

5. ---- brothers have you got? Just one.

How much
How old
How are
How many

6. Is there any food left? ----.

No, there isn't
Yes, there is any
Yes, they is
No, there aren't

7. My favorite painters are Manet and Renoir but John doesn't like ---- at all.

they
them
it
some

8. There aren't ---- people here today.

many
a lot
much
the many

9. We haven't got ----.

some children
any children
a children
one children

10. Do you speak English? No, I ----.

don't speak
not
don't
speak not

11. What does he do? ----.

He's teacher
He's teaching
He's a teacher
Yes, he does

12. He ---- in an office every morning from eight to twelve.

working
works
work
am working

13. I go ---- school in Vienna.

at
in
to
on

14. We have lunch ---- one o'clock

at
to
in
on

15. Do you like ----? Yes, I do.

to shop
shop
shopping
to shopping


Present Simple or  Present Continuous

  Present Simple

    Things that are always true.
  Things that happen all the time, repeatedly, often,    sometimes, never, etc. 
  Examples: - The sun rises in the east. - She often      wears blue. - I play football.


     Present Continuous

  Things that are happening now. 
  Things that are happening around now.
  Examples: - The sun is not shining today. - She´s      wearing blue jeans. - I´m playing a lot of tennis        these days.

Put the verb into the correct form - Present Simple or Present Continuous. 

1 - "Don’t talk so loudly!" — "I ................... (not / to talk) loudly". 
2 - He................... (to know) all about the film. 
3 - Jane ................... (to talk) to a friend at the moment. 
4 - He ................... (not / to work) on Sundays. 
5 - Margaret ................... (to love) music and dancing. 
6 - The dog ................... (to sleep) under the table at the moment. 
7 - He................... ( not / to like) his job. 
8- I ................... (to think) she ................... (to be) very pretty. 
9 - I ................... (always / to go) to bed very early. 
10 - How often a day ................... (you / to eat) ice-cream? 
11 - She ................... (often / to clean) the house on Saturdays. 
12 - ................... (they / to go) to the pub every evening? 
13 - They ................... (now / to learn) to treat animals. 
14 - He ................... (to sit) on an armchair, ................... (to smoke) a pipe. 
15 - Good students ................... (always / to study) hard. 
16 - It ................... (never / to rain) in Summer but it ......... (now / to rain). 
17 - They ................... (generally / to arrive) early but today they ................... (to come) late. 
18 - Teachers ................... (to teach). 
19 - Why ................... (you / not / to fix) it later? 
20 - Why ................... (you / to fix) it this morning?




6TH GRADERS


Choose the most appropriate options to complete the sentences.


1. She works ---- Saturday.

at
to
in
on

2. I stay at home ---- the morning.

at
to
in
on

3. How do you get to work? ----.

By car
In car
By the car
On car

4. Do you like classical music? ----.

Yes, I likes
Yes, I like
Yes, I does
Yes, I do

5. Where is Mary? She ---- over there.

is stand
is standing
stand
standing

6. I am hungry. ---- something to eat, please.

I like
I'd want
I'd like
I'm like

7. He ---- born in 1963 in America.

had
is
was
did

8. Switzerland is ---- than Britain.

as small
smallest
more small
smaller

9. Motor racing is the ---- sport in the world.

most expensive
more expensive
expensivest
as expensive

10. He passed his English exam very ----.

easy
easier
good
easily

11. When ---- you go to the USA? Last year.

did
was
went
have

12. Did she stay with friends? ----.

No, she didn't
No, she didn't stay
No, she didn't stayed
No, she stayed not

13. She has never ---- to New York.

gone
was
been
went

14. I haven't got any money. Never mind. ---- some from the bank.

I'll get
I'm getting
I get
I'd get

15. ---- you ever visited London?

Did
Do
Were
Have


Choose the correct answers to complete the following short passage.


My name is Hans. I (1)---- a mechanic. I (2)---- in London, I (3)---- a brother and a sister. My sister is a university student. She (4)---- medicine. She is going to be a doctor. My brother doesn't want (5)---- to university. (6)----he wants to be a mechanic like me. He comes and (7)---- me in my shop on Sundays. He hasn't finished his education yet. (8)---- his education, he is thinking of (9)---- with me. We will (10)---- the business together.

1. 
is are am do

2. 
believe think arrive live

3. 
owns learn have study

4. 
teach learn / studies uses

5. 
go goes went to go

6. 
Because Although Behind / During

7. 
works helps is angry with shouts at

8. 
For Because After So

9. 
works worked to work working

10. 
run depart put wear

Well, that´s all you have to do until Thursday, 26th March.
Take your time before writing the answers.  
Again, please write to me if you need some help: bicodara@gmail.com


Tired? ...
A bit of dancing next!




                         


Alyssa made
a delicious recipe yesterday. 
She wanted 
to share it with you.

FRENCH TOAST RECIPE




* 8 oz (8 slices) of Brioche bread (or any bread you like)
* 4 large eggs
* 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream (or milk)
* 1 tsp pure vainilla extract
* 1 tbsp brown sugar
* Pinch of salt

Instructions:

1. Slice bread and set it aside.
2. In a deep and wide bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy whipping cream (or milk), vainilla extract, sugar and salt. Whisk until smooth. Set aside.
3. Preheat a large cooking pan oven medium to medium-low heat. Add a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil and spread it evenly.
4. Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture as well as the edges. (Just batter as many slices as will fit into the pan. If you have to cook in two or more batches, batter bread right before adding it to the pan.)
5. Place battered slices into the pan and let it cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
6. Serve with your favourite topping (fresh fruit, powdered sugar and maple syrup are my favourite!)
Enjoy!

Lots of kisses. Do not forget to connect again on Thursday.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario